The successor firm to James R. Craven & Associates, Tall Cedars Search and Recruitment is a collection of independent contractors and advisors who support executive searches from job posting to job offer. Our Associates include:
Flo Pugh - Owner, Tall Cedars Search and Recruitment
- 20+ years experience as a professional Career Counsellor, with specialized expertise in resumes and workshop facilitation.
- Associate, writer, and editor with J.R. Craven & Associates, 2014 - 2019.
- Experienced in supporting full-cycle recruitment activities for municipalities and regional districts throughout BC and Alberta.
- Master of Education in Counselling Psychology.
John Leeburn - Leeburn OD
- John established his boutique consulting practice in June 2018 after retiring from a 31-year career in local government administration in British Columbia.
- He is a proud member of the small, but mighty, group of municipal chief administrative officers whose background and training was in human resources.
- Throughout his career John witnessed how organizational health and culture is critical to success and how important it is for organizations to invest and focus on their people and culture.
Kevin Ramsay - Innova Strategy Group
- With the City of Surrey, District of West Vancouver, City of Vancouver, District of Squamish and City of Port Moody, Kevin held a total of 19 different local government positions including Waterworks Superintendent, Manager of Safety & Training, Yards Superintendent, Manager of Waterworks, Manager of Streets, Manager of Sanitation, Director of Emergency Management, General Manager of Human Resources, Chief Administrative Officer, and City Manager.
- In 2016, after 34 years in local government, Kevin retired from the City of Port Moody and incorporated the Innova Strategy Group.
- Kevin excels in leading-edge performance enhancement, maximizing leadership capacity, governance improvements, core service reviews, and strategic planning. Much of his success is related to restructuring organizations, supervisory/management groups, or over0arching governance structures, with an ongoing focus on leadership excellence.
- Board member / Past President of Saanich Legacy Foundation.
- 30 years experience in local government.
- Former Senior HR Manager for District of Saanich.
- Diploma in Public Sector Management (UVic).
- Intermediate and Senior Certificates in Municipal Administration, BC Board of Examiners.
James R. Craven (Advisory)
- Retired as the Principal of James R. Craven & Associates in 2020; conducted 240 executive searches in BC and Alberta since 2002.
- 17 years as Executive Director of the Municipal Finance Authority of British Columbia.
- 3 years ED of Fraser Valley Regional Library.5 years CAO of District of Oak Bay.
- 13 years as CAO / Treasurer for several BC municipalities Senior Certificate in Municipal Finance and Administration
- Recipient of Lieutenant Governor’s Silver Medal Award for Excellence in Public Administration (2000).