Prince Rupert Airport Authority
This posting is now closed. Tall Cedars thanks all applicants.
What is the PRAA?
The Prince Rupert Airport Authority is a not-for-profit authority that operates the Prince Rupert Airport. The PRAA is composed of the Mayor of Prince Rupert, the City Administrator, and the City Council. The eight Directors of the Authority who oversee the operations of the airport are appointed by the City and sit for a term of two years. They are currently seeking a dynamic leader to assume overall responsibility for airport operations, and the management and marketing of airport lands, facilities, and services.
- Direct supervision, scheduling and training of airport staff;
- Administration of the collective agreement;
- Management of the airfield operations, emergency planning, facility and equipment maintenance, aircraft refueling dealership and other operations as required;
- Budgeting and financial management;
- Marketing, customer and community relations; and
- Business and commercial development initiatives.
The successful candidate will have several years of direct airport management and operations experience; and a thorough knowledge of airport operating standards, regulations, and practices. Additional key requirements will include:
- A strong sense of self motivation; and well developed oral and written communication skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Project management skills; and skills in formulating and managing capital and operating budgets;
- A high level of personal responsibility and accountability.
Why Prince Rupert?
The City of Prince Rupert is a unique coastal town in the traditional territory of the Ts’msyen peoples. As a transportation gateway into Northern BC, you can travel to Prince Rupert by air, road, rail, and ferry. The Airport itself is located on Digby Island, a short ferry ride from Kaien Island, where the City is located. Prince Rupert has a population of approximately 14,000 people, and its port has extended their longstanding tradition of trade and commerce to a global scale.
If you are ready to take on this challenging and rewarding leadership role, forward your resume and cover letter to Tall Cedars Search & Recruitment, by Monday March 7, 2022. A Supplementary Package can be obtained by request from the Consultant, which includes a complete job description and details of the compensation and benefits.
Unlock Exceptional Opportunities
Discover your path to career advancement or find the perfect addition to your team. At Tall Cedars, we connect talent with opportunity, ensuring mutual growth and success.