Chief Administrative Officer
Village of Mcbride
The Village of McBride is a small, friendly rural community with a population of approximately 600, nestled between the Rocky Mountains and the North Cariboo Mountains, within the historical Robson Valley. This spectacular scenic community offers pristine year-round recreation opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast. We are strategically located on Highway 16, just short trips away from Prince George, Jasper and Kamloops.
As the new Chief Administrative Officer, you will provide advice and support to the Mayor and Council in developing and implementing policies and strategies that address the needs of the Village of McBride.
You will maintain the efficient and effective management of the Village of McBride and will positively impact the management and success of the Village’s Strategic Plan. You will provide leadership to the municipal staff and identify opportunities for improvement of staff and services within the available budget. You will also fulfill the duties of Corporate Officer for the Village.
- An annual wage between $100,000 – $120,000, depending on your skills and qualifications
- A relocation allowance to help you move to your new hometown
- An affordable housing market and a lower cost of living compared to other municipalities in BC
- Zero commute-time, with all local amenities within walkable distance
- An active arts and culture scene, with festivals, community events, live theatre, and musical performances offered year-round
Knowledge / Training:
- A post-secondary degree in a related discipline and/or a certificate in local government administration.
- Valid BC Driver’s license.
- Familiar with legal processes and responsibilities affecting the execution of duties.
- Significant knowledge of the Community Charter, Local Government Act, FOIPPA legislation and other applicable Provincial and Federal statutes and regulations.
- Proficient computer skills such as: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Muniware.
Experience / Qualities:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a municipal government environment at the Chief Administrative Officer or Senior Management level or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Proven organization and managerial ability in a municipal setting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a commitment to teamwork and customer service.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Flexible and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with the public.
- Strong work ethic; ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
If you are ready to take on this rewarding leadership role, forward your resume and cover letter to Tall Cedars Search & Recruitment. A Supplementary Information Package can be obtained by request from the Consultant, which includes a complete job description and details of the full benefits.
Unlock Exceptional Opportunities
Discover your path to career advancement or find the perfect addition to your team. At Tall Cedars, we connect talent with opportunity, ensuring mutual growth and success.