Chief Financial Officer
Village of Lytton
Are you looking for a unique and exciting opportunity to assist the Village of Lytton in rebuilding the community? Lytton is looking for the right person to take on this once-in-a-lifetime challenge of helping to creating a vibrant, resilient, and historical Village.
With the acknowledgement that it is on the territory of the Nlaka’pamux peoples, the Village of Lytton is located 3 hours north of Vancouver, or 2 hours west of Kamloops. As the CFO, you will begin your new role working remotely, but will be close enough to Lytton to attend in-person meetings whenever needed.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, you will plan, direct, and manage the Village’s overall financial plans, policies, and accounting practices. You will build and maintain positive working relationships with governing boards and organizations and members of the Village community. Your role will involve:
- Serving as a member of the Village’s senior management team; and advising staff and Council will regards to financial matters and issues.
- Carrying out statutory financial administrative duties under the Community Charter and Local Government Act.
- Developing finance-related bylaws and attending Council and committee meetings when needed.
You are the right person for this challenge if you value the rural lifestyle of a small community. The position offers a competitive salary range and a comprehensive benefits package. Above all, this is a unique opportunity to help support an entire community’s sustainable future as it rebuilds from the foundation up.
- An accounting designation, preferably working toward or having a financial designation.
- At least three (3) years progressive experience working in a municipal setting; and five (5) years in a managerial or supervisory capacity.
- Ability to train and mentor staff in areas of budget, financial planning, development of financial policies, collections, and asset management.
- Knowledge of PSAB accounting standards and experience in preparing and conducting audits.
- Knowledge and experience in CaseWare and MuniWare software, as well as asset management programs and software would be advantageous.
If you’re ready to take on this unique leadership challenge, forward your resume and cover letter to Tall Cedars Search & Recruitment. A Supplementary Information Package can be obtained by request from the Consultant, which includes a complete job description and details of the compensation and benefits.
Unlock Exceptional Opportunities
Discover your path to career advancement or find the perfect addition to your team. At Tall Cedars, we connect talent with opportunity, ensuring mutual growth and success.