Regional District of Kitimat Stikine
This posting is now closed. Tall Cedars thanks all applicants.
The Regional District of Kitimat-Stikine is seeking a Communication Coordinator to join their team. If driving public engagement gets your blood pumping, this is your chance to do it every day, in the quest to improve the lives of 40,000 people that live within this Regional District in northwestern BC.
Reporting to the Director of Administration, you will plan, coordinate, and deliver internal and external communication and public education programs for the RDKS. You will manage the communications strategy aimed at advancing the RDKS’s positive image through media relations, online communications, community engagement initiatives and promotional opportunities. You’ll build and maintain collaborative working relationships with all departments of the RDKS, and throughout the region with other local governments, first nations, elected officials, stakeholders, community groups, media, as well as with provincial and federal government.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Improving the RDKS’s multi-media tools.
- Assisting with the advertising and public posting of tenders, requests for proposals and quotes.
- Assisting with communications in the Regional Emergency Operations Centre.
- Through the Director of Administration, developing policies and procedures, and providing guidance on existing policies and procedures related to RDKS communications and public engagement.
- Providing support as needed for events such as openings, workshops, open houses and outreach coordination, including formatting letters and news releases, research, bookings, logistics, and scheduling.
- Preparing or assisting with all media releases and serving as first point of contact for media inquiries.
- A wage of $68,669 to $78,824, depending on your skills and qualifications
- Benefits including extended medical and dental and enrollment in the Municipal Pension Plan
- Cost assistance in relocating to the awe-inspiring natural beauty, of the service and retail hub of northwestern BC
You’ll join the team with at least 2 years of communications experience, preferably in a local government setting. You’ll have either a diploma or degree in public relations or communications; or the equivalent combination of education and work experience. You are proficient when it comes to both hardware and software, such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Canva and website software applications. You shine when it comes to:
- Providing excellent customer service with your interpersonal skills
- Communicating both verbally and in writing
- Working independently and managing your time
For complete details on the responsibilities and benefits, contact the Consultant below for a copy of the Communication Coordinator’s Supplementary Information Package. When you’re ready to move to your new office in Terrace BC, send your resume and cover letter to:
Unlock Exceptional Opportunities
Discover your path to career advancement or find the perfect addition to your team. At Tall Cedars, we connect talent with opportunity, ensuring mutual growth and success.