Director of Corporate Administration
District of Lantzville
The District of Lantzville is a rural seaside community of approximately 4,000. Easily accessible by road, air, and ferry, Lantzville is situated on the northern border of the City of Nanaimo and south of the City of Parksville.
Due to a retirement, the District of Lantzville has a career opportunity for a dynamic individual to assume the role of Director of Corporate Administration. This opportunity is well suited to someone with a passion for serving people and the community.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, you will play a key role as part of the senior management team. You will:
- Develop, implement and evaluate department work plans, goals and objectives consistent with the District’s mission and strategic plan.
- Fulfill the statutory responsibilities of the Corporate Officer, per section 148 of the Community Charter.
- Provide governance oversight at Council and committee meetings and may assist with other public meetings, receptions, and ceremonies.
- Maintain corporate records of Council resolutions (actions and status tracking), bylaws, contracts and policies, and Council and committee meeting minutes.
- Manage and prepare corporate communications, assist with special events and organize public relations functions, including liaising with internal and external contacts.
- Conduct research; policy analysis; drafting of correspondence, policies, agreements, notices, and reports; and provide legislative and procedural advice to Council, senior staff, and the public.
- Perform the duties of Chief Election Officer, organize and administer general local elections, by- elections and other voting approval processes for local government.
- Strong interpersonal, public relations, diplomatic, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Special event and project management expertise.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Excellent supervisory, organizational and time management skills, vital to respond to changing priorities and tight timelines.
- Goal-oriented with a customer service excellence focus.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive responsible management experience supervising personnel within a unionized environment, preferably in a municipal corporate officer environment.
- Extensive experience providing human resources support, property management and corporate communications; or a combination of education, training, and experience.
- Degree or diploma in public administration, political science, law, or a related discipline, with a Certificate in Local Government Administration.
- Certified Municipal Clerk (CMC) designation and MATI program courses are desirable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Community Charter, Local Government Act, and FOIPPA, as well as other relevant provincial legislation.
The proposed annual salary for the role is $100,000, subject to qualifications and experience. The District offers an excellent benefits package; and supports its employees in their continued career and professional development. You will enjoy life in a beautiful seaside community, working alongside a small yet skilled and friendly municipal team.
Forward your resume and cover letter to Tall Cedars Search & Recruitment, by Tuesday Feb. 27, 2024, at 5:00 pm PDT. A Supplementary Information Package can be obtained by request from the Consultant, which includes a complete job description and details of the comprehensive benefits package.
Unlock Exceptional Opportunities
Discover your path to career advancement or find the perfect addition to your team. At Tall Cedars, we connect talent with opportunity, ensuring mutual growth and success.