Director of Operations
City of Parksville
Who you will be working with?
What you will be working on?
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Director of Operations is responsible for the effective management of infrastructure and services related to the City’s Public Works, Parks, and Utilities. The Director will oversee a broad range of services and capital projects in support of the City’s strategic and operational objectives. Responsibilities include:
- Both contributing to broad organizational strategy at the senior level and providing oversight and assistance with the day-to-day provision of municipal services;
- Serving the organization and leading a skilled and diverse team of exempt and unionized employees, by demonstrating adherence to legislative and regulatory requirements and industry best practices;
- Adhering to Parksville’s operational guidelines, policies and procedures set out by the CAO and Council; and
- Ensuring that municipal services are delivered in a responsible, ethical and sustainable manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Civil Engineering, Public Administration or a related field (Master’s level preferred).
- A Certified Applied Science Technologist Diploma or Professional Civil Engineering Diploma from a recognized educational institution combined with fifteen (15) years of formal municipal management may be considered as an equivalent.
- Registered as an Applied Science Technologist with the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia, in good standing with the EGBC.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible municipal experience, including personnel management in a unionized setting, and high-level experience in managing the operations functions of a local government.
- Possession of a valid B.C. Drivers Licence and clean driving record.
Certifications viewed as assets
- Board of Examiners Certificate in Local Government Administration is an asset.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is an asset.
- Emergency Management- Incident Command System Certification (or willingness to acquire) is an asset
The City offers a competitive salary range of $122,000 – $141,000 (2022 rates), depending on relevant experience and credentials; and a comprehensive benefits package including an earned day off program upon completion of probation. More importantly, the City offers the chance to work hard while accomplishing great things.
If you are ready to take on this challenging and rewarding leadership role, forward your resume and cover letter to Tall Cedars Search & Recruitment, by Friday, Dec. 1, 2023. A Supplementary Package can be obtained by request from the Consultant, which includes a complete job description.
Unlock Exceptional Opportunities
Discover your path to career advancement or find the perfect addition to your team. At Tall Cedars, we connect talent with opportunity, ensuring mutual growth and success.