Misty Isles Economic Development Society (MIEDS)
What is MIEDS?
Established in 2008 on the unceded territory of the Haida Nation, the Misty Isles Economic Development Society (MIEDS) is a non-profit organization that provides leadership of economic development initiatives of the Haida Gwaii region. These projects and programs are undertaken jointly by the 5 communities of: Village of Massett, Village of Port Clements, Village of Daajing Giids, and Electoral Areas D & E Skeena-Queen Charlotte Regional District.
The Executive Director is directly accountable to the Board of Directors for overall executive management and effective service delivery; development and refinement of service programs; and control over fiscal management. The Board identifies the goals and direction for the organization and the Executive Director develops and implements strategies for achieving them.
A proven track record of successful performance at the executive management level: staff supervision, strategic planning and evaluation, budget development.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a business and/or economic development environment.
- Demonstrated skills with fiscal management and reporting.
- Demonstrated aptitude for creating a positive environment for clients and staff.
- Experience with First Nations partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience with the management of rural Development.
- Demonstrated experience working with and developing a Board of Directors.
- Facilitation of diverse projects.
- Post-secondary education in business and management.
- History of having led organizational growth and change.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of issues and governance associated with economic and business development in the Haida Gwaii regional area.
- An annual salary of $65,000; and a blended / hybrid work environment that supports you to balance your working hours in ways that are most productive for you.
- A fantastic rural lifestyle with outdoor adventures galore.
- The chance to make a big difference with a small but energetic team.
Send your resume and cover letter to Tall Cedars Search & Recruitment, by Fri. Sept. 23, 2022. A Supplementary Package can be obtained by request from the Consultant, which includes a complete job description and details of the position benefits.
Unlock Exceptional Opportunities
Discover your path to career advancement or find the perfect addition to your team. At Tall Cedars, we connect talent with opportunity, ensuring mutual growth and success.