Superintendent Field Operations
The Water Services Department of Metro Vancouver is seeking a Superintendent, Field Operations to ensure the safe, efficient and effective transmission of water to its customers.
Reporting to the Division Manager, Transmission Operations, you will lead a team of over 40 field operations staff including 3 exempt Supervisors. You will manage the operations and operational maintenance of Metro Vancouver’s water transmission infrastructure including large diameter water mains, pump stations, storage reservoirs and dams. You will work collaboratively with the Division Manager and staff in other divisions and departments to determine overall priorities and establish work plans; and contribute to the preparation of long range strategic and financial plans of the division and department.
Metro Vancouver provides clean, safe drinking water through its member jurisdictions for 2.7 million residents in the Lower Mainland. This includes acquiring and maintaining supply, as well as treating, testing and delivering water to the members.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and being representative of the region we serve. We invite all qualified candidates to apply including Indigenous People, visible minorities, immigrants, LGBTQ2S+, all genders and persons with disabilities.
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to inspire and empower others, including solid negotiation, influencing, change management, and labour relations skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and maintain good working relationships, and achieve buy-in and ownership to quality standards/ initiatives with all departments and levels.
- Sound judgement and analytical thinking that enables decision making, ability to manage initiatives, projects and prioritize and manage timelines.
- Ability to resolve conflict with a professional manner and calm demeanor, and to deal effectively with the public, staff and internal/external stakeholders.
- A depth of operational experience in water distribution/transmission from a municipal or industrial environment.
- A competitive salary and outstanding benefits package (including paid vacation time)
- Ongoing access to personal, technical, and career development opportunities.
If you are ready to take on this challenging and rewarding leadership role, forward your resume and cover letter to Tall Cedars Search & Recruitment. A Supplementary Information Package can be obtained from the Consultant, which includes a complete job description, benefits plan, and details of the compensation.
Unlock Exceptional Opportunities
Discover your path to career advancement or find the perfect addition to your team. At Tall Cedars, we connect talent with opportunity, ensuring mutual growth and success.